WELCOME!

Welcome to my blog! I hope to be a resource to help you in your walk with God. Now more than ever we need to get back to the basic fundamentals of moral living and take a stand for what is right and truthful with God as our ultimate authority. His Word is reliable and preserved and can be trusted, so that is the basis for my advice and teaching. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or topics you would like me to cover. I look forward to sharing what God has placed on my heart. See my website at https://www.lovinggodministry.com/ for books and music I have written that will enrich your life!

Ezekiel 22:30: "And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none." Let's stand in the gap together!

Saturday, June 27, 2015

4th of July Word of Encouragement from the Lord...

The Lord put on my heart to share something with you today.  Listen, I know it gets discouraging when we look at the storms around us.  Politically, this world is a mess.  Don't get too upset with the politicians.  They can't fix all the problems of this world, and they're trying their hardest to do their best, according to what they think is right.  It's not up to the politicians to save this world spiritually.  It's up to the church.  Jesus said in Matthew 28:19-20:

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

Something we all have in common is our sin.  That is at the core root of all of this world's problems.  Think about it; if you break it down, pride, selfishness, greed, unthankfulness, lust, prejudice - these are the roots of so many issues, and I've only named a few sins!  Jesus breaks it down even more in 1 John 2:16: 

"For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world."

Please do not be discouarged by those who are rebelling against God. Teach.  Educate this world about Jesus, because to be honest, so many do not know Him.  Some don't even know who He is, and those who know who He is don't KNOW Him.  He's life. He's truth.  He's the way to peace and forgiveness. He's love. He's the bread of life.  He's the living water.  He's our loving Shepherd and our loving Heavenly Father. And yes, He's a consuming fire.  Fear Him with reverence and awe, and show Him you love Him by using your talents in service, pouring your heart out in adoration and words of praise, giving your time, talent and treasure to Him, spending time with Him, just like we like from someone we love (see the book The Five Love Languages). 

Folks, it's not over yet.  Don't give up on America.  Our hope as Christians has never been in Washington DC.  It's always been in Jesus Christ.  He is still on the throne! As we close in on the 4th of July celebrations, let's be people that our Lord Jesus Christ can count on to STAND in the gap, to NOT REBEL against Him, but to LIVE our lives the way God meant us to live them.  Praise the Lord, we CAN!  He will empower us.  I was thinking this morning about the fact that I do feel fear and discouragement more times than I'd like to admit, but you know what I realize?  It's not my strength that I need!  All I need of my own strength is to let go and submit to God.  Keep my focus on the Lord, and let Him use me as a vessel of honor for Him.  I'm not perfect, and thankfully He knows that!  He knows my lackings, but He made me who I am, and when I think, "Will He use me?"  The answer is inevitably "Yes", if I'm willing!  I don't want to get in His way, I want to be someone who will help.  

Think about when you are in charge of a project.  You want people who aren't trying to show off or rebel, but people who are willing to use what they can contribute for the good of the project.  Well, if saving the world is Jesus' project, then let's do the same.  

"Show me, Lord, what you will have me to do.  I'm your girl [or boy, depending on who you are!]; please use me for your honor and glory.  Provide the time and the financial resources, and I will use my talent. Please stengthen my talents and abilities so I can do an even better job for you.  I know I can't do this in my own strength, so I will rely on you and your power.  Together we will be unstoppable, not because I am great, but because you are.  I am in agreement with your burden for this world, and I want to make a difference here, now, right where I am.  I commit my life to you to use me as you desire, for your purpose, and for your glory, not mine.  I love you, Lord.  To whom much is given, much is required, and I thank you for those people in my life who have invested in me spiritually.  The right thing to do is to give back, just as those trained in the medical profession, for example, are expected to give back to other healthcare providers and train them because they were kindly trained.  So it is the right thing for me to train others spiritually.  But Lord, I'm not doing this out of obligation, although I do have a responsibility to do so.  I am motivated by my sincere love for you, for the Saviour who loved me first, who gave Himself for me.  You took the first step.  You promised to come.  Better yet, you actually came!  Thanks so much for actually coming.  So many people let us down, but you didn't, and for that I am so thankful.  Thank you that you want to use me.  If you are scanning the earth to find someone whom you can count on to stand in the gap for you, please choose me as one you can count on.  I love you, and I don't want to let you down. You're my friend. I want you to be able to count on me to rely on you, and together we can do great and mighty things.  Thank you for using me.  In Jesus' name, Amen."

These are the words the Lord gave me for a song to sing on Patriotic Sunday.  This song will be included in my next album, "Sold Out! for God, Family & Country."  I hope this will be an encouragement to you.


A Country Without a Man
By Dawn Foss
O beautiful for heroes proved
In liberating strife.
Who more than self their country loved
And mercy more than life!
America! America!
May God thy gold refine
Till all success be nobleness
And every gain divine!
(from: “America the Beautiful” by Katharine Lee Bates and Samuel A. Ward, Public Domain)

I imagine it must be awful to be a “man without a country”,
Without a place that I can call my home.
But what about a country that doesn’t have a man
Who’ll live under a righteous, moral code?

The Bible states that righteousness exalteth a nation,
So what happens if evil works abound?
That country will be fallen, dead from the inside out,
It’s glory days no longer to be found.

“In God We Trust” is on our cash, reminds us that our wealth
Comes from blessings from our God above.
We pay our taxes due our land, but don’t forget to give
What’s God’s, let’s do it with a heart of love.

Our nation’s pledge says “under God” to recognize that we
Humbly acknowledge His power, care, and grace.
Families teach their children to love Almighty God,
And put God rightly in His proper place.

Chorus:
There is hope for our country, it’s not over yet,
Let’s live as God desires us to be.
Let’s raise up the flag and our Biblical truths,
That made us the brave and the free!
Even if others rebel against God,
We can each take a bold, mighty stand,
Determined that America will never be
A country without a man!

Bridge:
Each man and woman, each boy and girl,
Can stand, patriotic and true
To those principles and values that made us so great,
Three cheers for the red, white and blue!

Repeat chorus



Proverbs 14:34: "Righteousness exalteth a 
nation: but sin is a reproach to any people."

God bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment