WELCOME!

Welcome to my blog! I hope to be a resource to help you in your walk with God. Now more than ever we need to get back to the basic fundamentals of moral living and take a stand for what is right and truthful with God as our ultimate authority. His Word is reliable and preserved and can be trusted, so that is the basis for my advice and teaching. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or topics you would like me to cover. I look forward to sharing what God has placed on my heart. See my website at https://www.lovinggodministry.com/ for books and music I have written that will enrich your life!

Ezekiel 22:30: "And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none." Let's stand in the gap together!

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Do my thoughts matter?

Philippians 4:8: "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

I Will Stand is a book that focuses on building character.  Living a life of character begins with self evaluation.  Did you ever hear the phrase, "Garbage in, garbage out?"  This referred to bad programming when it came to computers.  If you put corruption in, that is going to be your outward result.  Isn't that the same with us?  We all can tend to get sloppy in what we allow to go into our hearts and minds.  If we fill them up with dirty pictures, dirty words, bad habits, anger, hate, unforgiveness and bitterness, violence, lies and other negative things, that will lead to an outward display of the same.  But if we instead fill our hearts and minds with things that are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, of good report, virtuous and praiseworthy, then that will lead to a positive display of character.
  
Please tell me what YOU think! 

No comments:

Post a Comment