Romans 12:1-2: "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."
Young person, here is what God's wants from you:
- a living sacrifice. What does that mean? It means while you are alive, you should be vibrant, doing the work of the Lord, sacrificing your time, your talent, and your treasure for Him. Eternal life starts now, not after you're dead!
- a holy life. Being holy means set apart for His service. Don't be like the world. There is nothing less attractive than someone who is straddling a fence. Be decisive, and proud of Who you serve! You're on the winning team! Don't act like the world, and then expect people to listen to you and respect you when you try to tell them about God's love and provision for them. They'll doubt your loyalties.
- acceptable unto God. You will be accepted and acceptable to God when you do this.
- reasonable service - it's just reasonable, this is not too much to ask. We all have the capability of doing what God expects when we are born again.
- Be not conformed to this world. Again, you will lose your edge if you dabble in sin. Keep it pure! You will look in the mirror and respect yourself, and others will look up to you as well. Be confident in who you are in Christ! That is a very attractive quality!
- We can't do this on our own. We can't be reformed, but we must be transformed. How? By the renewing of our minds. Read the Word of God, and your faith will increase, and your mind will renew as you look in the mirror of God's Word, the Holy Spirit reveals your sin to you, and you confess it. Jesus will shape you into a perfect vessel, and you will feel complete, content, and full of joy! Then God can use you to your fullest capacity, and give you the desires of your heart!
- that good, acceptable and perfect will of God - that is the safest place for you to be. The world can crumble around you, but you stay in the perfect will of God, and He will protect you and go through all those trials with you. Don't despair - you are not alone when you draw near to God. He will draw near to you.