WELCOME!

Welcome to my blog! I hope to be a resource to help you in your walk with God. Now more than ever we need to get back to the basic fundamentals of moral living and take a stand for what is right and truthful with God as our ultimate authority. His Word is reliable and preserved and can be trusted, so that is the basis for my advice and teaching. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or topics you would like me to cover. I look forward to sharing what God has placed on my heart. See my website at https://www.lovinggodministry.com/ for books and music I have written that will enrich your life!

Ezekiel 22:30: "And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none." Let's stand in the gap together!

Monday, September 22, 2014

Love The Truth

My pastor preached on this chapter yesterday, and I thought this would make a great future song. It's in poem form right now, but I thought you might enjoy it.

2 Thessalonians 2:10: "And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved."

Love The Truth 

By Dawn Foss

Taken from 2 Thessalonians 2:1-17

How can one be saved, you ask?
How does one believe?
There are so many stories told,
Seeking to deceive.

The Lord will come again, but first
Something will occur.
Many fall away from truth,
From sin their eyes will blur.

People will oppose the truth
And exalt themselves above
The one true God who gives us life
And fills us with His love.

Satan does deceive mankind
Through his power, signs and lies;
And God who offers truth and hope
Instead becomes despised.

God's holy Word and His bright coming
Will destroy these lies.
But until then, watch out, be warned!
Strong delusion will blind your eyes.

Denying truth and taking pleasure
In unrighteousness
Will cause your soul to perish, you
declined God's full forgiveness.

Chorus:
Love the truth...so you can be saved.
Open your eyes...don't be deceived.
Thank God for those...who show the way.
Believe the truth...stand fast today.

Bridge:
He's not willing that any should perish, hold on
To traditions, the Gospel, God's Word,
Good things we've been taught give us good hope and grace,
And everlasting comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment