WELCOME!

Welcome to my blog! I hope to be a resource to help you in your walk with God. Now more than ever we need to get back to the basic fundamentals of moral living and take a stand for what is right and truthful with God as our ultimate authority. His Word is reliable and preserved and can be trusted, so that is the basis for my advice and teaching. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or topics you would like me to cover. I look forward to sharing what God has placed on my heart. See my website at https://www.lovinggodministry.com/ for books and music I have written that will enrich your life!

Ezekiel 22:30: "And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none." Let's stand in the gap together!

Friday, July 3, 2015

Message to the Children and Youth of America by the President of the United States

Message to the Children and Youth of America
By the President of the United States
H. Clay Trumbull, the editor of the Sunday School Times, wrote the President of the United States and requested him to write a message to the children and young people of America. The President graciously responded:
"WASHINGTON, June 6, 1876.
To the Editor of the Sunday School Times, Philadelphia.
Your favor of yesterday, asking a message from me to the children and youth of the United States, to accompany your Centennial Number, is this moment received.
My advice to Sunday Schools, no matter what their denomination, is: Hold fast to the Bible as the sheet-anchor of your liberties; write its precepts in your heart, and PRACTICE THEM IN YOUR LIVES.
To the influence of this Book we are indebted for all the progress made in true civilization, and to this we must look as our guide in the future.
‘Righteousness exalteth a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people.’
Yours respectfully, U. S. Grant"
 

Praise the Lord!  I want this message to get to every child and youth of America in 2015 as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment