WELCOME!

Welcome to my blog! I hope to be a resource to help you in your walk with God. Now more than ever we need to get back to the basic fundamentals of moral living and take a stand for what is right and truthful with God as our ultimate authority. His Word is reliable and preserved and can be trusted, so that is the basis for my advice and teaching. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or topics you would like me to cover. I look forward to sharing what God has placed on my heart. See my website at https://www.lovinggodministry.com/ for books and music I have written that will enrich your life!

Ezekiel 22:30: "And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none." Let's stand in the gap together!

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Great Examples from the Bible

This is something that was emailed to me from my friend George Zeller from the Middletown Bible Church.  I'd like to share this with you, as it shows some great examples from the Bible that we can follow.


May we be...

like Abel, pursuing  righteous works (1 John 3:12);

like Enoch, walking in daily fellowship with the Lord (Heb. 11:5-6); 

like Job, being patient and faithful even in the most difficult situations (James 5:11);  

like Abraham, trusting God even when the promises of God seem impossible (Rom. 4:19-21); 

like Joseph, turning his back on all evil advances (Gen. 39:7-12); 

like Moses, choosing to suffer affliction with the people of God rather than enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season (Heb. 11:25); 

like Caleb and Joshua, following the Lord wholly (Num. 32:12); 

like Jonathan, realizing that when the Lord is on your side you are never outnumbered (1 Sam. 14:6); 

like David, encouraging himself and strengthening himself in the Lord his God (1 Sam. 30:6);   

like Nehemiah, praying without ceasing (Neh. 2:4-5); 

like Simeon, eagerly looking for the Lord’s coming (Luke 2:25); 

like Andrew, striving to lead my brother to Christ (John 1:40-42); 

like Peter, reaffirming his love to Christ after serious personal failure (John 21:15-17); 

like Paul, not counting his own life dear (precious) unto himself, so that he might finish his course with joy (Acts 20:24).

No comments:

Post a Comment