WELCOME!

Welcome to my blog! I hope to be a resource to help you in your walk with God. Now more than ever we need to get back to the basic fundamentals of moral living and take a stand for what is right and truthful with God as our ultimate authority. His Word is reliable and preserved and can be trusted, so that is the basis for my advice and teaching. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or topics you would like me to cover. I look forward to sharing what God has placed on my heart. See my website at https://www.lovinggodministry.com/ for books and music I have written that will enrich your life!

Ezekiel 22:30: "And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none." Let's stand in the gap together!

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Loved by God

In church tonight my pastor mentioned something about God loving us. It perked me up because I started a Loved by God Facebook page because in my trials I didn't always feel like God cared about me. The reason my pastor gave that people often feel like that was because they wonder why God would allow them to go through the trial if He loved them. That never crossed my mind, because I do realize that the question isn't "why me?" but "why not me?" We are all deserving of troubles, and it's because of the grace of God on our lives that we don't collapse under all the troubles and trials in this life. What haunted me was the thought that God cared more about the well being of everyone else except me, that I was expected to serve and serve and yet if I was hurting, I needed to pull myself up by my boot straps so I can keep serving and helping others. But that is such a lie. Of course God cares about and loves me, and He has not asked me to do more than I can do through Him. I often sacrifice more than I was called to do. I put unnecessary burdens on myself. I need to take care of myself so I can help others. Helping others makes me very happy, but does not come above keeping myself healthy physically, emotionally and spiritually. It's kind of like when you get on a plane, they tell you to take the oxygen mask first before trying to help others. If you're hypoxic, you won't be much help. I love what I do, I love the Lord, and I love it that He truly does love me, no matter which side of the problem I stand on (helping or needing help). And when we go through the trials of life, we become like pure gold, more beautiful than ever, purified, matured, confident. Isn't that a great place to be? That deserves our thankfulness for our trials, not our complaints.

No comments:

Post a Comment