WELCOME!

Welcome to my blog! I hope to be a resource to help you in your walk with God. Now more than ever we need to get back to the basic fundamentals of moral living and take a stand for what is right and truthful with God as our ultimate authority. His Word is reliable and preserved and can be trusted, so that is the basis for my advice and teaching. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or topics you would like me to cover. I look forward to sharing what God has placed on my heart. See my website at https://www.lovinggodministry.com/ for books and music I have written that will enrich your life!

Ezekiel 22:30: "And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none." Let's stand in the gap together!

Saturday, May 5, 2012

The importance of investing in the lives of children


These are 2 of my favorite pictures.  This was a missions trip to Brazil in 2008.  My daughter Amanda and I went with a group from Meriden Hills Baptist Church for a couple weeks, and we had the privilege of working with some children at a Christian orphanage outside of Sao Paulo.  The first picture was of a little girl there who went with us ladies to do some shopping, and as you can see we got ice cream, which we both thoroughly enjoyed!

What a blessing when we can take some time out of our busy schedules to be a blessing to the children around us.  They are precious souls!  I guarantee that if you invest in the life of a child to help them find Christ and to live a godly life, not only will they be blessed, but your life will change as well!

Matthew 25:34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: 36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. 37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? 38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? 39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? 40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
 

2 comments:

  1. It takes a village to raise a child. Although these days it seems like the village has become day care, baby sitters, nanny's, TV and video games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! How helpful it is when people we know and trust invest in the lives of our children with the same values we have. It results in consistency and security. However, nothing can replace mom and dad. I know you take a lot of pride in spending time with your son, something I wish more dads would do. "I Will Stand" is a tool that promotes time together and discussion between parents and children.

      Delete