WELCOME!

Welcome to my blog! I hope to be a resource to help you in your walk with God. Now more than ever we need to get back to the basic fundamentals of moral living and take a stand for what is right and truthful with God as our ultimate authority. His Word is reliable and preserved and can be trusted, so that is the basis for my advice and teaching. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or topics you would like me to cover. I look forward to sharing what God has placed on my heart. See my website at https://www.lovinggodministry.com/ for books and music I have written that will enrich your life!

Ezekiel 22:30: "And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none." Let's stand in the gap together!

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Devotional: Be Steadfast

1 Corinthians 15:58:

Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

Booksignings have not gone so well lately, and it has been discouraging.  How many times do you take on a project, and things don't go quite as expected or hoped?  Rejection sets in, and it's easy to throw in the towel, thinking it's not worth your time or efforts or expense.  Who needs to feel this way, anyway?  This is for the birds!  I must be honest, that is how I have felt lately.  A little sad, alone, discouraged.

But as I think through my feelings, I remember my promise to God.  I told him that if He wants me to do something, then as long as He gives me the power and ability to do the task at hand, then I'm His girl.  I will do it.  Does this mean "throwing in the towel" when things get tough?  Of course not.  I love Him so much, and I am doing this for Him.  He is precious to me, and that relationship means more to me than a failed booksigning.  I don't want Him to feel like I am a "fair-weather" friend, only around when everything is going well. 

This book, I Will Stand, is an outreach ministry.  There is truth in this book that people need to hear and live by in order to have a successful life.  This is reinforcement for those who are already learning these principles and facts from God's Word, and it is new insight for those who have not studied the Word of God, or are not being taught it at home or at school.  

You will not get this from public schools.  They reject anything that has to do with the Word of God, so you have to get it yourself, or give it to the young people in your life.  Believe me - I tried to get this into public schools, and they refused it, even for an after-school program.  "It's religious."  Sure, the schools might promote some concepts about good character, but they leave out the moral authority.  The moral authority has to be greater than humans because we are all fallen in our nature - in other words, we all sin.  God does not sin, and as He created us, He has the authority to show us what is right and wrong, and only desires the best for us.  Let's give Him our undivided attention and obey.

On a side note, you know what I think?  I think there are people in the public school system, even principals and teachers, who want children to learn about Jesus.  Their hands are tied because the government is tying them.  But they want these things taught to the children at home and in church.  It is up to families and churches to step up to the plate.  We can do it!  We are not legally bound.  They want school to be religiously neutral so no one is offended in their beliefs.  

Those same children can have their beliefs, but we have to develop faith and teach truth to them outside of the public school system.  "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God" (Romans 10:17).  If you can send your child to a Christian school or home school, then that is an extra place to enforce those beliefs, and that is important as it is all integrated together in their biblical world view.  If you cannot do that, then make sure they are at least getting this teaching from you. They will need strength and encouragement as well as they increasingly have to defend their faith in order to shine as a light in this dark world. You will develop kids of strong character, and the schools will be so grateful!  Fewer problems in the school will be the result!

Mom, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt, Uncle, older brother or sister, friend: are you setting the example of how to live to those who are younger than you?  Show them how it's done!  If you're not sure yourself, please buy a copy of I Will Stand, and it will show you from God's Word how you yourself can be a Champion of Character.  We cannot control all that goes on around us, but we can control who we are in the midst of it.  The younger generation desperately needs good moral examples to look up to in order to cope with this world and have good success.  How do I know this?  The Bible tells me so.

Joshua 1:8:

This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

This is why I do what I do, and remain faithful.  This is why I keep putting one foot in front of the other.  God doesn't need fence dwellers. He needs those who will choose their side, and I choose to serve my Lord faithfully and wholeheartedly.  Will you join me today?  Let's make a difference in our world for God.  The children need us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment