WELCOME!

Welcome to my blog! I hope to be a resource to help you in your walk with God. Now more than ever we need to get back to the basic fundamentals of moral living and take a stand for what is right and truthful with God as our ultimate authority. His Word is reliable and preserved and can be trusted, so that is the basis for my advice and teaching. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or topics you would like me to cover. I look forward to sharing what God has placed on my heart. See my website at https://www.lovinggodministry.com/ for books and music I have written that will enrich your life!

Ezekiel 22:30: "And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none." Let's stand in the gap together!

Sunday, June 23, 2013

The greatest and lasting rewards



1 John 5:4: “For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.”
 
Romans 8:37: “Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.”
 
 
Had a great evening Friday 6/21 with Teen Challenge in New Haven!  Teen Challenge is a Christian, faith-based organization that helps teens and adults with addictions.  What a blessing it was to be there and have the opportunity to share my testimony, tell them about my book, I Will Stand, and offer some encouragement.  There are great people there who truly love the Lord.  
http://www.tcnewengland.org/

We truly don't need addictive agents to feel good - just put yourself aside, get out there and tell others about Christ, and you'll be on a good high for a couple days!  No guilt, full memory intact, pleasing to God, you can tell others about it without feeling guilty or ashamed, you aren't harming your body - I highly recommend it!!!  

If you're battling with an addiction, please remember this: you can be an overcomer in Christ!  Don't focus just on being healed, but be the HEALER to others - allow God to use you in a great and mighty way so that once you are victorious over this, you can show others through your testimony how it's done.  God uses people, that is how He chooses to run things. You can be a blessing, and people will listen to you because you've been there, and you know what it's like, and what God did in your life - for REAL.  

I'm going to go a step further, tho, and to you who have not dabbled in addictive agents, let me say this: the best testimony is the one where your lips have never touched drugs or alcohol.  Your lips have not let a curse word slip through it.  You have not put a cigarette to your lips.  The best way to quit a bad habit is to never start it.  Don't think you have a "boring" testimony if you have not dabbled in life altering sins.  I used to think my testimony was boring when I was a teen.  I have never touched the stuff, but have been a victim of those who have.  Live a pure life before God, and show others that it is possible to be pure.  My life is a testament, and yours can be, too.  You CAN make choices that are good for you.  You ARE capable to say no to sex before marriage, wrongful sex acts, alcohol, drugs, smoking, angry and mean abusive words, gossip, bullying.  Use the power of your tongue to do good instead; share a little kindness - it goes a long way!  Pass it forward!

Making a difference, using your voice, standing for truth and righteousness and love - that's what life's all about and gives the greatest and lasting rewards.  God bless you!

Romans 12:21

"Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good."

There's a lot of power in that verse - think how it can change the world!  I will be the one - how about you?  Will you join with me and do something kind for someone today?  Share it in the comments - I'd love to hear from you!  We can encourage each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment