WELCOME!

Welcome to my blog! I hope to be a resource to help you in your walk with God. Now more than ever we need to get back to the basic fundamentals of moral living and take a stand for what is right and truthful with God as our ultimate authority. His Word is reliable and preserved and can be trusted, so that is the basis for my advice and teaching. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or topics you would like me to cover. I look forward to sharing what God has placed on my heart. See my website at https://www.lovinggodministry.com/ for books and music I have written that will enrich your life!

Ezekiel 22:30: "And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none." Let's stand in the gap together!

Thursday, August 29, 2013

How to be a True Friend

How to be a True Friend

by Dawn Foss

 

Life is not so easy,
No matter who you are.
Troubles come from everywhere,
Hard to live at par.

What happens if you mess up?
Or you don't fit in?
Failure's staring in your face,
Disappointment comes again. 

You've made choices that were bad,
Employment can't be found.
Your coping led to prison
And now you find you're bound.

Your time has been so wasted,
Friends are hard to find.
Welcomes have been worn out,
Years have been unkind.

You wonder how you got here?
You knew much better than this.
The stress you feel brings pain,
And pressure in your chest.

Or maybe you're a victim
Abuse has called your name.
Fear, regret, and trauma
Have brought you tears and pain.
 
But each day brings new promise,
As faith gives way to hope,
Learning from the hard times,
Improving ways to cope.

Praying for God's wisdom
and strength to face each day;
Holding onto promises
While you humbly pray.

Don't be ashamed of failures,
They lead you to success.
A thing of beauty often comes
From what started as a mess.

Mistakes will mold and make you
Into something God can use.
Humble and tender hearts
Make it difficult to accuse.

Know that you hold value
With an expected end,
God will use those hard times
To make you a better friend.


Jeremiah 29:11-13: "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.  Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment