WELCOME!

Welcome to my blog! I hope to be a resource to help you in your walk with God. Now more than ever we need to get back to the basic fundamentals of moral living and take a stand for what is right and truthful with God as our ultimate authority. His Word is reliable and preserved and can be trusted, so that is the basis for my advice and teaching. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or topics you would like me to cover. I look forward to sharing what God has placed on my heart. See my website at https://www.lovinggodministry.com/ for books and music I have written that will enrich your life!

Ezekiel 22:30: "And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none." Let's stand in the gap together!

Saturday, November 23, 2013

God Loves You

Those words, "God loves you", almost seems like a cliche, something so simple to say that it almost loses its meaning.  However, I have to say it has had more meaning to me lately as I have been watching reruns of a television series that played on CBS in the 1990's.  It's called, "Touched By An Angel."  Roma Downey and Della Reese star in it.  I really enjoy seeing the practical real life situations they find themselves in, and how people who are hurting, desperate, angry, depressed, struggling, etc. have renewed hope when they realize that God loves them.  God loves me.  That makes it more personal.  What a difference in perspective our troubles have when we realize 1) God exists, 2) God is not only capable of love but He is love, and 3) that perfect love is directed toward ME, and my little life here among the many humans on this earth.

I recently flew in a plane.  I had a hard time NOT staring out the window!  I had my eyes so glued on the landscapes below, amazed at the perspective, like looking at a map, only it was real life.  I could see rivers and lakes.  I could see beaches.  I could see building, houses, and highways. I could see cars at times, but I really could not see any people - we were too far away.  However, going 600 miles an hour overhead, we passed a lot of people in a short amount of time.  Mere specks that couldn't be seen with the naked eye when 34,000 feet up in the sky.


Think of all the people in the entire world, and doesn't it make you feel even smaller?  And yet God made Himself of no reputation to become as one of us, in human form, to join us specks. Philippians 2:7-8: "But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: and being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross."  He paid the ultimate sacrifice for all of us by dying on a tiny cross that satisfied the debt we all owed with our lives for eternity.  Yes, the law was that unless someone could pay the debt that sin brought upon us, we would remain spiritually dead for eternity. Jesus volunteered, and took our place since He was the only One qualified to do so.  All we have to do is accept Him and thank Him for His free gift.

Yet our stubborn pride gets in the way.  We forget the simple truth in all of this, the truth that is there once we clear out all the complexities and messiness of our lives: God really does love us. There is hope and peace for me. There is hope and peace for you. Makes no difference who you are, what you've done, what a mess you've made of your life, or what a mess others have made of your life. What's important is who Jesus is, what He's done, and the miraculous healing and order and peace He can bring to your life.  Yes, Jesus loves you. You can say with confidence, "Jesus loves me. God loves even me." Say it until you believe it.  It's true, and it's wonderful!

How will we know that we have truly embraced God's love? It will shine through us unto others. Be a blessing this Thanksgiving.  Not only thank God for His unconditional love, but show some forth to others God loves.  Who does that include? Who doesn't that include?

John 4:7-12:
Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation [which means the turning away of the wrath of God by an offering] for our sins.
11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.
12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

God bless you!

5 comments:

  1. Gravity is a great movie if you want to feel small Contact is excellent also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw The Crucible again - great movie about early life in the Americas and the role of religion. Perfect movie for Thanksgiving.

    Based on Arthur Miller play http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crucible

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend Kirk Cameron's movie, "Monumental" for a great early American history lesson, and the role of religion. Excellent for Thanksgiving! I started to pass it around at work. Very current in its approach. As a matter of fact, it highlights a huge monument that our forefathers built in Massachusetts that teaches us the values and principles that our country was founded upon. It's like a "reset" button, so if we ever lost our way, we could go back to the monument and see what made and can still make America great. Please watch it - it's a wonderful documentary.

      Delete
    2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjVFcPBqOzc

      Here is a link to Kirk Cameron's speech he made at Liberty University last year. My daughter was there! He gives his testimony, and how he used to be an atheist and became a Christian. Near the end of his speech, he talks about his documentary, Monumental, and explains the meaning of that huge monument. I highly recommend this speech - it's really good. I've listened to it several times.

      Delete