WELCOME!

Welcome to my blog! I hope to be a resource to help you in your walk with God. Now more than ever we need to get back to the basic fundamentals of moral living and take a stand for what is right and truthful with God as our ultimate authority. His Word is reliable and preserved and can be trusted, so that is the basis for my advice and teaching. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or topics you would like me to cover. I look forward to sharing what God has placed on my heart. See my website at https://www.lovinggodministry.com/ for books and music I have written that will enrich your life!

Ezekiel 22:30: "And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none." Let's stand in the gap together!

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Reflecting on God's Love and Comfort

I recently took a trip to Pensacola, FL with my daughter to check out Pensacola Christian College (great college, by the way!).  I was so proud of myself that I got such a great "deal" on my hotel room.  The place turned out to be something scary - I will leave it at that!  I woke up very early and couldn't get back to sleep.  In the quietness of the moment, I read the Psalms for comfort as I was there all alone (my daughter stayed at the dorm) in a place that reminded me of a horror movie.  I felt a sense of failure that I didn't research the hotel out better before booking from home.  The comfort I received from praying and reading my Bible led me to write a poem. I originally called it "My Love Poem to Jesus."

Reflecting on God's Love and Comfort
by Dawn Foss

I sit alone on a quiet bed
Reflecting on my Lord,
And thinking of His promises
From His Holy Word.

I read the Psalms to calm my soul,
To soothe my troubled heart;
How safe, secure and loved I feel
As worries soon depart.

I’m not alone, tho it may seem
Like circumstances rule;
Jesus loves me, this I know,
To doubt I’d be a fool.

In all my life the hand of God
Works all things for my good;
This love and care makes me decide
To do things as I should.

Don’t get me wrong, I fail, I slide,
But love brings me right back;
God’s heart toward me forgives, restores,
He strengthens where I lack.

I couldn’t sleep, I wrote this poem
To You, my precious Lord,
To thank you for your endless love
No riches can afford.

I cannot pay you back for this,
I just accept with joy!
And give You all my love and say,
Praise you, Thank you, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment