WELCOME!

Welcome to my blog! I hope to be a resource to help you in your walk with God. Now more than ever we need to get back to the basic fundamentals of moral living and take a stand for what is right and truthful with God as our ultimate authority. His Word is reliable and preserved and can be trusted, so that is the basis for my advice and teaching. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or topics you would like me to cover. I look forward to sharing what God has placed on my heart. See my website at https://www.lovinggodministry.com/ for books and music I have written that will enrich your life!

Ezekiel 22:30: "And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none." Let's stand in the gap together!

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Fret Not!

Do you ever find yourself fretting?  I had one of those days in which there were a lot of unsettled things, and I couldn't do anything about it.  Things stuck in transit, emails not going through, overfilled schedule, tasks on my plate that seem too hard for me to do on my own, needing permission for things before I can take next steps, finding out my anxiety about something is annoying someone else (which adds to my anxiety because now I feel bad!), gatherings I'm in charge of in which key people are missing, projects that need work in which the ball is in someone else's court, so to speak - I think you get the idea!  I'm a mover and a shaker, meaning I want to accomplish things quickly!  It is fairly frustrating for me when things aren't done when I want them done.

Sometimes I feel uneasy when everything I can do is done, and now my schedule is quiet.  It feels unnatural to me!  What do I do now?  Clean my house?  Sounds yucky.  I want to write!  I want to create some music!  I want to work on a project!  I have to be careful not to take on too many new projects before finishing the old ones.  I tend to do that with reading books, too.  I don't complete one book before I move on to the next.

I'm glad that God reminds us not to be impatient.  Psalm 27:14: "Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD." We are instructed not to be anxious in Philippians 4:6: "Be careful [anxious] for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."  

The next time I'm "stressing", I'm going to bring it to the Lord rather than letting my heart and mind get wrapped up in frustration.  God always helps me put things in perspective.  Writing things down in an organized fashion also helps me to see on paper what exactly I'm working on, deadlines, reminders of when to follow up, and tasks accomplished.  Listening to calming music also helps me decrease anxiety.  But most of all, knowing I'm not alone and that my Saviour cares brings me peace and joy.  1 Peter 5:7: "Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you."  

No comments:

Post a Comment