WELCOME!

Welcome to my blog! I hope to be a resource to help you in your walk with God. Now more than ever we need to get back to the basic fundamentals of moral living and take a stand for what is right and truthful with God as our ultimate authority. His Word is reliable and preserved and can be trusted, so that is the basis for my advice and teaching. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or topics you would like me to cover. I look forward to sharing what God has placed on my heart. See my website at https://www.lovinggodministry.com/ for books and music I have written that will enrich your life!

Ezekiel 22:30: "And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none." Let's stand in the gap together!

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

How do we know God is true?

I read something this morning from Greg Koukl's "Stand to Reason" email message that I thought was really good. He said this to his 8 yr. old daughter when she asked how we know God exists, and as he answered her, he thought it really is the bottom line for all the arguments and debates. In one sentence, the best answer to give people who ask, "How do we know God is true?" is: “the reason we believe God is true is that God is the best explanation for the way things are.” It doesn't deny other explanations, which we can listen to and consider, but in the end, "God is the best explanation for the way things are." I like that! People know things are "bad" or "evil" because there is an inherent sense of morality. If there is moral law, there has to be a moral law giver. If you bang your hand on the desk, there had to have been a banger. If the Big Bang exists, someone banged it - in this case, with His spoken word! So don't get stumped - just answer with a loving answer: “the reason we believe God is true is that God is the best explanation for the way things are.”  

See Stand to Reason's Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment