WELCOME!

Welcome to my blog! I hope to be a resource to help you in your walk with God. Now more than ever we need to get back to the basic fundamentals of moral living and take a stand for what is right and truthful with God as our ultimate authority. His Word is reliable and preserved and can be trusted, so that is the basis for my advice and teaching. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or topics you would like me to cover. I look forward to sharing what God has placed on my heart. See my website at https://www.lovinggodministry.com/ for books and music I have written that will enrich your life!

Ezekiel 22:30: "And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none." Let's stand in the gap together!

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

A Thanksgiving Offering to God

When I wrote this song in the 1990's, I was thinking about the concept of God's goodness.  With all the magnificent and majestic power God Almighty has, what if He had one little tiny bit of evil in Him?  What if He could wake up in a bad mood and decide to randomly kill some of us without any thought at all?  What if it weren't true that "all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose" (Romans 8:28)?

I wondered if many of us actually thank Him for the attribute of His goodness.  I wanted to be one who stopped, like the leper who was healed, and thank Him for being so good.  Remember the story of the ten lepers?  Jesus healed all ten, but only one turned back to thank Him.  He replied in Luke 17:17-18: "And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine? There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger."

Let's not be like the nine, but like the one who came back and thanked God for His goodness.  Let's give credit where credit is due, and realize that our ability to work, to care for our families, the blessings we receive, are from God.

James 1:17: "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning."

I hope you enjoy my offering to God in this song, "Thank You For Being So Good" and may that be your prayer to God today also.  Happy Thanksgiving!

Listen to "Thank You For Being So Good" by Dawn Foss


No comments:

Post a Comment