WELCOME!

Welcome to my blog! I hope to be a resource to help you in your walk with God. Now more than ever we need to get back to the basic fundamentals of moral living and take a stand for what is right and truthful with God as our ultimate authority. His Word is reliable and preserved and can be trusted, so that is the basis for my advice and teaching. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or topics you would like me to cover. I look forward to sharing what God has placed on my heart. See my website at https://www.lovinggodministry.com/ for books and music I have written that will enrich your life!

Ezekiel 22:30: "And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none." Let's stand in the gap together!

Saturday, December 24, 2016

One-Way Conversations

Do you consider yourself a good communicator?  Good communication requires that we speak, but even more importantly, that we listen.  It is easy to dominate a conversation if we are not careful.  We must be considerate of the other person's thoughts on any given matter as well.  I think that is why I enjoy writing so much...no interruptions!  But it can get pretty lonely with a one-way conversation.  It's much more fun to have interaction with others.
I was thinking this morning about how I miss God.  As I often do, I analyzed my feelings in order to try to discover why.  I realized that I am doing a lot more praying and a lot less Bible reading lately.  I am in church a lot, and I look at verses often throughout the day, but it is an entirely different thing to actually sit down with the Bible and meditate upon it, pray to God and listen to HIM speak through His holy Word.  I realized that I am dominating the conversation because I'm asking all kinds of requests without God being able to really speak to me.  The Holy Spirit can urge us one way or another, but He uses His Word to really tell us what He wants us to hear.  That's where you'll hear the Holy Spirit the best, is when your eyes are on those pages of that ancient yet timeless book.
Psalm 119:11: "Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee."
Psalm 119:105: "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."
I encourage you to think upon how much time you are allowing God to speak to you.  I know that is my goal for 2017 is to make sure I spend some time during the day alone with Him, not just praying, but allowing Him to direct me through the Bible.  It will not only direct me, but keep me from sin.  Do you need to stop dominating the conversation also?  It's great if you pray often, but just don't leave God out of the conversation.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment