WELCOME!

Welcome to my blog! I hope to be a resource to help you in your walk with God. Now more than ever we need to get back to the basic fundamentals of moral living and take a stand for what is right and truthful with God as our ultimate authority. His Word is reliable and preserved and can be trusted, so that is the basis for my advice and teaching. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or topics you would like me to cover. I look forward to sharing what God has placed on my heart. See my website at https://www.lovinggodministry.com/ for books and music I have written that will enrich your life!

Ezekiel 22:30: "And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none." Let's stand in the gap together!

Monday, February 6, 2017

Personalized Plan of Care

I was thinking today about how the Lord establishes our goings.

Proverbs 16:9: "A man's heart plans his way, but the LORD determines his steps."  
Psalm 37:23: "The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way." 
Psalm 25:12: "What man is he that feareth the LORD? him shall he teach in the way that he shall choose."

I was thinking about how broad it is to read God's Word and get wisdom, but how individualized it is when the Holy Spirit corrects and guides us.  He knows us better than we know ourselves, and His plan of care for us is personal.  It's like when you go to the gym and you have a personal trainer who measures you and gives you goals that are specific for your body type, your health, and your strengths and weaknesses.

It's one thing to read a heath magazine, but an entirely different thing to have a health care provider see you face to face, hear your complaints, and individualize a plan of care for your optimal health, wellness, and healing. 

It's wonderful to read a self help book, but to go to a counselor who will listen to you and guide you down the right paths to restore your relationships and sanity based on your particular situation is a much better, specific treatment.  What's so powerful about it?  The wisdom and knowledge of the counselor, the health care provider, and the trainer.

Who knows you better than God?  He will guide you into all truth and goodness.  Read His Word, and then pray, listening to His still, small voice as He guides and directs you each day.  You can know the answers to your difficult questions, and which path to walk down.  Follow Him.

Psalm 119:105: "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."
Psalm 18:28: " For you will light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness."


No comments:

Post a Comment