WELCOME!

Welcome to my blog! I hope to be a resource to help you in your walk with God. Now more than ever we need to get back to the basic fundamentals of moral living and take a stand for what is right and truthful with God as our ultimate authority. His Word is reliable and preserved and can be trusted, so that is the basis for my advice and teaching. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or topics you would like me to cover. I look forward to sharing what God has placed on my heart. See my website at https://www.lovinggodministry.com/ for books and music I have written that will enrich your life!

Ezekiel 22:30: "And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none." Let's stand in the gap together!

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Music Choices

Amos 5:14 Seek good, and not evil, that ye may live: and so the LORD, the God of hosts, shall be with you, as ye have spoken.
Amos 5:23 Take thou away from me the noise of thy songs; for I will not hear the melody of thy viols.

The word "noise" is used in other portions of Scripture like making a joyful noise unto the Lord in Psalm 100, and also in 1 Chronicles 15:28. That's similar to the word "sound." But what strikes me in Amos 5:23 is that we can offer a song to the Lord that He does not accept. Are we seeking good and not evil when it comes to our music? Whose world system are we trying to mimic and fall in line with? It humbles me, and I realize that my choices and my offerings to my Lord can be rejected or accepted. Unlike Cain, I want to bring before the Lord what pleases Him, not myself, and listen to music that edifies and draws me toward goodness, not evil. Have you thought much about your music choices?

No comments:

Post a Comment