WELCOME!

Welcome to my blog! I hope to be a resource to help you in your walk with God. Now more than ever we need to get back to the basic fundamentals of moral living and take a stand for what is right and truthful with God as our ultimate authority. His Word is reliable and preserved and can be trusted, so that is the basis for my advice and teaching. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or topics you would like me to cover. I look forward to sharing what God has placed on my heart. See my website at https://www.lovinggodministry.com/ for books and music I have written that will enrich your life!

Ezekiel 22:30: "And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none." Let's stand in the gap together!

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Resisting and Fleeing

"Submit yourselves therefore to God; resist the devil, and he will flee from you." James 4:7.

We've memorized that verse in Sunday School. I grabbed the hands of each of the students and pulled while they resisted. I wanted them to feel that resistance. The devil will tug at you and try to take you where you don't want to go, and do things you don't really want to do. In anger, you may even say things you regret saying. When you resist those pulls consistently, the devil will flee. What does fleeing suggest? When would you flee from something? When you're scared, intimidated, when you know you need to get out fast.  I had one of the kids illustrate fleeing. He walked away. I had to correct him...he needed to run as fast as he could!

When you are tempted to do something wrong, just say, "Get thee behind me, Satan!" Even Jesus said that! Luke 4:8: "And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve." You stand up for what is right, and Satan and his army will know you mean business, and they're going to flee and start bugging someone else...for now. Until you have a weak moment again. That's why you can't quit on character, but keep it up as you approach each fresh, new day.

1 Peter 5:8: "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour." When you identify Satan trying to tempt you to ruin your life, and you instead commit to doing what is right, he's no longer lurking in the shadows, but the spotlight is on him and he is going to flee away quickly before other people get wise to his devices. Woo hoo! Put your selfish pride away while you put the devil out of business in your life today, and submit to God, the One who TRULY loves you. Yes, He sees your innermost being, and wants to help you because He loves you. No one understands you like He does because He fashioned you as a special creation of God. You are special!

Psalm 139: O lord, thou hast searched me, and known me.

2 Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.

3 Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.

4 For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest it altogether.

5 Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.

6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.

7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?

8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;

10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.

11 If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.

12 Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.

13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.

14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.

16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

17 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!

18 If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.

19 Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: depart from me therefore, ye bloody men.

20 For they speak against thee wickedly, and thine enemies take thy name in vain.

21 Do not I hate them, O Lord, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?

22 I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Is that precious, or what?  God bless you as you resist Satan and submit to God in your daily walk with the Lord.


By the way, I'm happy to see my book selling out already! I have found some more sites who are selling my book. The first link below even sells it in bulk at a larger discount. Check it out! Get yours today!
God bless you, and send in a question! I'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment