WELCOME!

Welcome to my blog! I hope to be a resource to help you in your walk with God. Now more than ever we need to get back to the basic fundamentals of moral living and take a stand for what is right and truthful with God as our ultimate authority. His Word is reliable and preserved and can be trusted, so that is the basis for my advice and teaching. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or topics you would like me to cover. I look forward to sharing what God has placed on my heart. See my website at https://www.lovinggodministry.com/ for books and music I have written that will enrich your life!

Ezekiel 22:30: "And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none." Let's stand in the gap together!

Thursday, December 26, 2013

A great book for teens: "Do Hard Things" - see the interview!

My 17 year old daughter read this book for school.  She asked me if I would buy it for her. I said, "Didn't you already read it?"  She said she did, but she wants to OWN it!  It really inspired her to do the hard things as a teenager, and avoid the trap of wasting time in the teen years rather than doing great things and accomplishing much!  Teens are TOTALLY capable if they try! Our culture tends to encourage them to sell themselves short, as if they were destined to be trouble makers, lazy, slaves to their hormones and passions, alcoholics, and party animals rather than hard working young men and women actively preparing themselves for their futures.

I have not read this book, but from what my daughter has told me, and after listening to the interview, I can tell I really like this!  There is a sequel to it also. With the books that I have written and continue to write, as well as the 10 songs I have written, that is the common thread: don't sell yourself short!  You can do great things if you open up your heart in obedience to God. You will feel so fulfilled and thrilled with great purpose in your life. That brings hope and peace and joy. Getting our eyes off of ourselves and our problems allows us to spend our energy making a difference for good in other people's lives, thus making the world a better place for everyone.

Please take a few minutes to hear this great interview of these remarkable men who as teens decided to write a book by teens for teens, and really inspire teens all across the nation to do the hard things and enjoy the rewards of a job well done.

I looked it up, and it is available in many stores, including amazon (see link below). We just bought a copy today!


http://www.amazon.com/Do-Hard-Things-Rebellion-Expectations/dp/1601421125

No comments:

Post a Comment