WELCOME!

Welcome to my blog! I hope to be a resource to help you in your walk with God. Now more than ever we need to get back to the basic fundamentals of moral living and take a stand for what is right and truthful with God as our ultimate authority. His Word is reliable and preserved and can be trusted, so that is the basis for my advice and teaching. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or topics you would like me to cover. I look forward to sharing what God has placed on my heart. See my website at https://www.lovinggodministry.com/ for books and music I have written that will enrich your life!

Ezekiel 22:30: "And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none." Let's stand in the gap together!

Monday, December 9, 2013

A response to what the Pope said about Ideological Christians having an "illness"

Someone posted a comment to my last post, with a link to this article about what the Pope said about ideological Christians.  I was responding in the comment section, but then decided this deserved its own post, as it's important.  

"Pope Francis States Ideological Christians Have An 'Illness'" is the title of the article, which I just read.  I am not Catholic, and do not follow the Pope because he is not the Lord. I follow the Word of God. I do find it a sad state, tho, when someone who claims to be a Christian leader disregards high moral standards, calling them an illness.  This should cause people to pause and reflect about who they are going to follow.  The apostle Paul said, "Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ" (1 Cor. 11.1). If you are going to look up to someone, you don't want to follow anyone who is not in line with the Word of God.


For example, I recently spoke to a couple Catholics who never heard that Jesus had half brothers and sisters.  However, in the Word of God it says, "Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas? And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things?" (Matthew 13:55-56). 

Again, in Mark 6:3: "Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him." People were familiar with Jesus' family, so they found it hard to believe that He could be the Son of God. Often people aren't accepted in their own home town. People tend to get more respect outside of their own communities, which is the point of those verses.  However, it does show that after Jesus was born, Mary and Joseph had other children. As a matter of fact, the book of James is believed to be written by the half brother of Jesus.  

Just because something is not taught by a particular church does not mean it is not true. Always search the Scriptures. 

Acts 17:10-12: "And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews. These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few."

Getting back to the article, in reading the article one thing that I would agree with is that Jesus calls us to love, above all.  If we do everything right, and yet do it without love, then we are just like an annoying clang. 1 Corinthians 13:1-3: "Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing."

But telling the truth is one of the highest form of love. To say that evil is not wrong is not doing anyone any favors. Isaiah 5:20: "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!"  Ephesians 4:14-15: "that we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; but speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: "

We are all born in sin, whether the sin of fornication, lying, cheating, ungodly anger, jealousy, hating, killing - we are all sinners.  The WONDERFUL, amazing news of Christmas is that we have HOPE - the hope of spiritual healing and peace through what Jesus Christ did for us, in taking our punishment for sin on the cross by dying for us, paying the debt we could never pay ourselves, and offering life to us as a free gift. We sure know how to receive a gift from someone who loves and cares for us at Christmas time, and we do it with a heart of thanks.  How about Jesus' gift to you?  You need this gift more than anything else.  Can you accept His gift, too, with a heart of thanks?

When you do, the Holy Spirit guides you into all truth, and convicts you of sin, so you know when you are off track and doing wrong.  John 16:7-13: "Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come."

You don't go through this life alone anymore, and through reading the Word of God, the Bible, you then know principles to live by in order to prevent hurt, regret, pain, sorrow, and insecurity. You have a new strength, which will result in good character that will help you cope with all the things in life you cannot control. You can control what you do and how you respond, and do what is right with the help of the Holy Spirit. That is not ideological - that is fact.  You talk to a real Christian who is walking with God, and they'll testify of it.  Yes, people walk with God in 2013, and it's the best relationship you could ever know. I speak from experience.

Wherever you are, whoever you are, Jesus came for YOU!  He loves you!  That's great news!  That's what the word "gospel" means - good news.

My book Christmas Love shares the greatest love of all - the love of God toward mankind. We should celebrate it with all we have, as it is a truth that everyone can embrace and accept for eternal life with peace and hope and joy.  My book also celebrates all the people around us, including parents, soldiers, service personnel, church leaders, etc. who sacrifice of themselves every day to help those around them to make stronger families, which in turn creates stronger communities, which extends to the entire nation and the world.  Let it start with YOU! Make a difference for good in the world around you. Protect the innocent. Comfort the lonely. Do a random act of kindness. Live a clean life that counts, that doesn't end up discounting you for doing greater things down the road.  Get off the sidelines of life and run the race. Bring some Christmas cheer.  HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment