WELCOME!

Welcome to my blog! I hope to be a resource to help you in your walk with God. Now more than ever we need to get back to the basic fundamentals of moral living and take a stand for what is right and truthful with God as our ultimate authority. His Word is reliable and preserved and can be trusted, so that is the basis for my advice and teaching. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or topics you would like me to cover. I look forward to sharing what God has placed on my heart. See my website at https://www.lovinggodministry.com/ for books and music I have written that will enrich your life!

Ezekiel 22:30: "And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none." Let's stand in the gap together!

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

If my life were a Bible story...

I was pondering this morning about the brevity and constant changing of our lives. As I look back at the past 5-10 years, there have been so many changes, so many people who have come in and out of my life. I have made decisions that will impact the rest of my life. Looking forward in the next 5-10 years, there will be many more changes. People retiring, dying, getting new diagnoses, moving away, getting married, having children, etc. I thought about constants, and how God never changes, and how He is a faithful friend who will be in my life no matter what my external, or even internal circumstances.

As I pondered more about my own life, I thought about the path I have gone down so far. As an 8 year old little girl, I learned about Jesus, asked him to forgive me for my sins and be my Savior, and gave my life to Him. That was a huge turning point in my life, and set the course for good things on down the road. Oh, the hard times came and went along the way, just like they would have otherwise, but I had my best Friend with me the whole way. God gave me the strength and comfort I needed, and also placed good people in my life to guide me and support me through it all. I had cheerleaders who cheered me in life's race from the sidelines, encouraging me to keep going strong, not to quit.

When my life is said and done, what kind of story will it tell?  I was thinking about the Bible stories I love so much, and the people written in the Bible who were real people just like you and me.  Some were only mentioned in a verse or two. Some had chapters or books written about their lives. If my life were a Bible story, would it say, "She did what she could, and she will always be remembered for this act", just like the woman with the alabaster box?  Will it say she was faithful to the Lord all the days of her life, and she lived a long life, and was buried with her family?  I don't want it to read that she was faithful, and then fell into sin and ruined her life!

David was such a hero, and as I taught my Sunday School class about him, they were all so sad and bewildered when we got to the part where he committed adultery and then murder. The rest of his life from then on lacked the greatness that he once had for the Lord, but he did repent and did what he could to help his son build a great temple for God. I want to endure to the end, be strong and never quit, never give up. I want to be a hero that my Sunday school kids and my children can look up to. We need heroes in this life, people who won't fall by the wayside. We need to encourage each other to this end.

What kind of story would your life be if it were a Bible story? Will you have gone through mountains and valleys like Joseph, but then in the end be promoted to a great position and save a nation or your family? Will your life read that you followed the ways of your father, and did evil in the sight of the Lord? Or you did not follow the ways of your father, and did that which was right in the sight of the Lord? Or perhaps you have a long line of faithful men and women in your family, and you continue to carry the torch.  Will you have done hard things like Esther, and risked your life to save people, and have a victory story that everyone can celebrate? Will you be like Paul who lived a life of hypocrisy and murder, but then met Jesus, and even with all the trials he endured, served the Lord faithfully to the very end, being a very real witness through it all?  Will your life be a constant that people can look to, to know that God does matter to you, and that living a life faithful to the Lord is the best journey ever?

Something to ponder on this snowy day today. Praise the Lord for his wonderful mercies and grace to us every day!  God bless you as you walk with Him.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn , thanks again for your concert yesterday at the Bradley Home . Your humble spirit and love for the Lord truly showed through and I'm sure the residents heard through your lyrics that Christ is our ever present help and the source of your obvious joy ! It was a great afternoon in the halls of "the home" and again thank you so much for your willingness to be used of the Lord .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind comments! It was such an honor and a privilege to be there, and I enjoyed singing my songs to the folks so much! It makes me hungry to do it again. Thank you so much for the opportunity to minister there with you.

      Delete