WELCOME!

Welcome to my blog! I hope to be a resource to help you in your walk with God. Now more than ever we need to get back to the basic fundamentals of moral living and take a stand for what is right and truthful with God as our ultimate authority. His Word is reliable and preserved and can be trusted, so that is the basis for my advice and teaching. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or topics you would like me to cover. I look forward to sharing what God has placed on my heart. See my website at https://www.lovinggodministry.com/ for books and music I have written that will enrich your life!

Ezekiel 22:30: "And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none." Let's stand in the gap together!

Saturday, January 23, 2016

A New Hymnal



This is sad but true for many believers today...

New Hymnal Announced
Leaders of the American Evangelical Laodicean Church last week announced the publication of a new hymnal. “This collection of hymns really captures the essence of our tradition,” said Presiding Bishop Luke W. Armm.  “People in today’s society get uncomfortable with too much talk about commitment and dedication,” he continued, “they would rather have a religion they can turn on or off at will.”  

Here is a listing of some of the selections found in this hymnal: “A Comfy Mattress is Our God”   “I Surrender Some”   “Blest be the Tie That Doesn’t Cramp My Style”    “Just As I Am With Lots of Excuses”    “My Hope is Built on Nothing Much”    “O For a Couple of Tongues to Sing”   “Onward Christian Reservists”   “Self-Esteem to the World! The Lord is Come”   “Spirit of God, Descend Upon Their Hearts”    “Take My Life and Let Me Be”   “There Shall be Sprinkles of Blessing”   “When Peace Like a Trickle”   “When the Saints Go Sneaking In”   “Where He Leads Me, I will Consider Following”   “Above Average is Thy Faithfulness”   “Be Thou My Hobby”   “I’m Fairly Certain That My Redeemer Lives”  “Pillow of Ages, Fluffed for Me” and many more.  For Heaven’s evaluation of this new hymnal, see Revelation 3:14-22.


​[Note:  this is not original with me; it was something Bryan Jones sent to my friend George Zeller in 1999.  Bryan Jones was once the National Executive Director of the IFCA]​

No comments:

Post a Comment