WELCOME!

Welcome to my blog! I hope to be a resource to help you in your walk with God. Now more than ever we need to get back to the basic fundamentals of moral living and take a stand for what is right and truthful with God as our ultimate authority. His Word is reliable and preserved and can be trusted, so that is the basis for my advice and teaching. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or topics you would like me to cover. I look forward to sharing what God has placed on my heart. See my website at https://www.lovinggodministry.com/ for books and music I have written that will enrich your life!

Ezekiel 22:30: "And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none." Let's stand in the gap together!

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Violent Video Games

I disagree with the idea that playing violent video games, including ones involving zombies that you shoot in the head, is just a game and it's harmless.  The graphics have become very real, and dreams, things seen on a TV or computer screen, fantasies and imaginations can all seem very real to a human mind.  Reflexes can come alive in a situation that you might have faced on the video game, and harming someone unlawfully or excessively for the situation can arise.  I would not allow my children to play video games that involved killing people.  They could do adventure games, sports, pong, things like that, but no one-on-one killing where you see a human and you have to kill that person.  We need to train our minds in good things, positive reinforcement.  Garbage in, garbage out.  Wholesome things in, wholesome things out.  It's simple math.

With the rise of violence in our culture, and the large amount of screen time people have these days, violent entertainment such as in songs they listen to, games they play, movies they watch, even TV series in which blood and guts are vividly portrayed, is it any wonder why tragedy after tragedy is reported on the news, worse crimes present and more frequent than ever before?  Can we as a culture turn this thing around, and make good songs, wholesome TV shows and movies, good books and healthy games a priority?  They are out there.  They may seem boring at first, but the adjustment can be made.  Parents, we have to step up our game.  It won't happen without effort.  Human nature will naturally go to the evil.  We have to promote good.  Promote good.  Promote GOOD.

Philippians 4:8: "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

No comments:

Post a Comment