WELCOME!

Welcome to my blog! I hope to be a resource to help you in your walk with God. Now more than ever we need to get back to the basic fundamentals of moral living and take a stand for what is right and truthful with God as our ultimate authority. His Word is reliable and preserved and can be trusted, so that is the basis for my advice and teaching. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or topics you would like me to cover. I look forward to sharing what God has placed on my heart. See my website at https://www.lovinggodministry.com/ for books and music I have written that will enrich your life!

Ezekiel 22:30: "And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none." Let's stand in the gap together!

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Are you from a blended family?


 


Let's be real.  There are many broken families today.  There are many blended families that have come together through remarriage.  There are many who have foster children, adopted children, or step children.  Many grandparents are rearing their grandchildren.  My parents were divorced when I was 8 yrs. old.  While I grew up in a broken family, I always knew both sides of my family loved me very much.  What a difference that made!  My parents did not act like enemies, and that meant so much to me because I loved both my parents.  My mother remarried, so there was some blending in my family. I lived with my dad, and was so thankful for the many ladies in my church who also came along beside me and taught me so many things, and cared for me. They met me where I was.

I know so many people who have adopted children, are taking care of foster children, or are taking care of step children.  While I believe that a nuclear family is ideal and God's plan for families, we do not live in a perfect world. I wrote Christmas Love because I thought about when Jesus was born, and how he basically had an adopted father.  Joseph was not his birth father (God was), and yet Joseph was a godly dad, and took care of Jesus as if he were his own flesh and blood.  There are many people who have taken a child in their homes and lives, and loved them and took care of them, setting a good example for that child.  I believe that Jesus must have a special place in His heart for people who take care of a child like their own.  Also, when Jesus was dying on the cross, he asked one of his disciples (John) to take care of his mother in his absence (John 19:26-27). Jesus knows that situations are not always perfect, but we take care of each other, and help each other out.  That's what families and communities are all about.

When you read Christmas Love, I trust you will enjoy having a book you can read with your children that celebrates making the best of imperfect situations, and making a difference for good in the place you find yourself.  Bloom where you are planted!  Be a godly example for your children, love them, care for them with a sincere heart, and all the rest will fall into place.

This book promotes love of God, love of family, and love of community.  I have worked as a nurse in the intensive care unit and cardiac care units of a hospital, a recovery room, a school, and as a nurse practitioner in a school-based health center, orthopedics, and family practice.  You can imagine that I have seen the best and worst of life situations.  I have worked with doctors, nurses, dentists, hygienists, pastors, teachers, and other workers who dedicate their lives to helping others...in an imperfect world with imperfect situations.  That's what a heart of love does. It doesn't sit and judge; it acts to make a difference for good.

Do you know anyone who is lonely or hurting? Reach out to them. Help where you are, and do what you can.  Please don't get overwhelmed with all the problems in the world.  You don't have to look very far from where you are to find a need - something that YOU can do in your unique way.  Maybe you love sports.  Perhaps you can be a big brother to a boy without a man in his life. Maybe you love to read.  Perhaps you can go to a children's hospital and volunteer to read to the children.  Maybe you're good at singing or playing an instrument. Get some people together from work to do some Christmas caroling at some nursing homes or a hospital. That's what I did - it's a lot of fun, and very rewarding!   If you love to cook, perhaps you can cook for families who have just had a baby or surgery.  Bring a meal or two so they don't have to worry about cooking for a couple days. All these things will probably be more of a blessing to you than the ones you're trying to cheer!

Matthew 25:40: And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Get your copy of Christmas Love today, and celebrate not only Jesus this Christmas, but the family and community God has placed you in.  

 

http://www.tatepublishing.com/bookstore/book.php?w=9781629020570

No comments:

Post a Comment