WELCOME!

Welcome to my blog! I hope to be a resource to help you in your walk with God. Now more than ever we need to get back to the basic fundamentals of moral living and take a stand for what is right and truthful with God as our ultimate authority. His Word is reliable and preserved and can be trusted, so that is the basis for my advice and teaching. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or topics you would like me to cover. I look forward to sharing what God has placed on my heart. See my website at https://www.lovinggodministry.com/ for books and music I have written that will enrich your life!

Ezekiel 22:30: "And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none." Let's stand in the gap together!

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

My Music Style

I was reflecting today upon my music.  I consider myself conservative when it comes to my preferred music styles, but have realized in dealing with a variety of people that music style is very subjective.  I do believe there are guidelines in Scripture about music that we should follow (see my book, Choosing Music Wisely  Choosing Music Wisely ), but I also believe music is like a medicine, and the dosing and strength and type are highly personal.  When I listen to music, I consider it as a spiritual and often as a result, physical "treatment".  My symptoms of stress and anxiety go up and down based on the music I listen to.

To be transparent with you, I have had a difficult time selling many of my CD's.  I'm not a known or popular singer.  But I think the problem goes deeper; some conservatives think my music is too worldly, and some liberals think my music is too conservative; they can't jam to it!  So who is my niche market?  It's hard to tell; I really don't have the answer to that.  All I know is that I am dissatisfied with a lot of today's music, so I have created new music that declares spiritual truths with soothing music, something that "treats" anxieties, uplifts and inspires.  I am convinced that it would be worth all the cost I've paid for the process of publishing my books and music even if it only helped me, because it has been very therapeutic for me.  It encourages me, because these things are taken from truths from God's Word that I need reminding of all the time!  But the reward for me is when they can bless others, and help them in this dark and evil world as well.

I decided a while ago to be true to what I believe the Lord has placed on my heart, and not to waver with everyone's opinions and comments because it's impossible to please everyone.  We are commissioned to please the Lord.  Galatians 1:10: "For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ."  There will be others who are like me who will also benefit from it, whether tween girls with a desire to know God more, adult ladies who want respite from their crazy lives, the elderly who appreciate soft music, or anyone in between!

I want to say I am so thankful for those at Tate Music Group who don't push trendy music on me, but respect my personal style, which some have said is unique.  They follow my requests and have partnered with me to publish spiritually uplifting music that I hope you will enjoy!  Here is a sample for you to listen to.  God bless you as you, too, find music (and I know that might not be my music!) that uplifts you spiritually and draws you closer to the Lord.

Listen to "In One Accord" by Dawn Foss



No comments:

Post a Comment