WELCOME!

Welcome to my blog! I hope to be a resource to help you in your walk with God. Now more than ever we need to get back to the basic fundamentals of moral living and take a stand for what is right and truthful with God as our ultimate authority. His Word is reliable and preserved and can be trusted, so that is the basis for my advice and teaching. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or topics you would like me to cover. I look forward to sharing what God has placed on my heart. See my website at https://www.lovinggodministry.com/ for books and music I have written that will enrich your life!

Ezekiel 22:30: "And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none." Let's stand in the gap together!

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

My Review on Choosing Music Wisely

See this link from Christian Book Distributors, which will show you my review on my new book, Choosing Music Wisely.  You can find the review by scrolling down the page.  This review will give you some "inside scoop" as to why I wrote this, what I hope to accomplish through this book, and how it can help you.  I have copied and pasted the review below as well, and click on the link to see the actual website.  God bless you as you join me to revolutionize Christian music in the 21st century!

Christian Book Distributors - Choosing Music Wisely Review

Author/Artist Review

Author: Dawn Foss
Located in: Middletown, CT
Submitted: June 10, 2016
    Tell us a little about yourself.  I am a Christian author/singer/songwriter who has a vision for educating people on principles from God's Word, holding firmly to truth while presenting it in a loving, warm way, from my heart to yours. I am a wife, mother, Sunday School teacher, music teacher, church pianist in charge of special music, and a family nurse practitioner. All these things have given me perspective and experience, with a burden for reaching the unsaved for Christ, and encouraging believers in their walk with God.
    What was your motivation behind this project?  I am burdened at much of today's so-called Christian music, which I believe is a compromise with the secular world. There was a time when people gladly gave up worldy temptations to become a follower of Christ in all areas of their lives, including their music choices. I have worked in church music ministry for over 30 years, and am excited to share principles from God's Word, as well as practical tips on how to make godly Christian music choices that will be pleasing to God and uplifting to those who hear it and participate in it.
    What do you hope folks will gain from this project?  Music theory and principles, such as making sure the music matches the words, understanding the message that is communicated through the music (not just the lyrics), and showing from God's Word what music means to God. Music is mentioned over 500 times in Scripture, so I believe it's important to God. I believe music should draw us closer to the Lord and honor God, even if outside of church. Some would argue music is a thing so can't be sinful, but music presents thoughts, and thoughts can be sinful. We can be wise in our choices and selections by finding the balance between holiness and Christian liberty.
    How were you personally impacted by working on this project?  Revival came to my heart as I wrote this book. I wrote it first and foremost for myself and my children, as I struggled with finding a right balance in music, and wanted to know what God had to say about music in Scripture. I didn't want people's opinions, because music is extremely subjective. I wanted to know how to please God and still love music. I am pleased to say I found that balance in my research, and explained it in this book. It caused me to lay down all my idols at His feet so I can be free to truly enjoy music, this blessed gift from God.
    Who are your influences, sources of inspiration or favorite authors / artists?  The Bible, Frank Garlock, and many singers who choose to honor God rather than themselves in their writing and performing music. There are people from many genres who have accomplished this, and many who have not. My challenge is to be the change, be the one who consistently honors God in your music, creating godly music choices so people have wise choices to choose from. I will stand in the gap and be counted for Christ. How about you? Together we can revolutionize Christian music in the 21st century as we sing "unto the Lord."
    Anything else you'd like readers / listeners to know:  I believe my book is a journey you take that leads to revival and rededication of your life to the Lord, submitting every area to him, including your entertainment and music. You won't be judged in this book, just challenged and inspired. Let's set a high standard for Christian music that will truly honor the name of Jesus Christ. I'll show you how to do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment