WELCOME!

Welcome to my blog! I hope to be a resource to help you in your walk with God. Now more than ever we need to get back to the basic fundamentals of moral living and take a stand for what is right and truthful with God as our ultimate authority. His Word is reliable and preserved and can be trusted, so that is the basis for my advice and teaching. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or topics you would like me to cover. I look forward to sharing what God has placed on my heart. See my website at https://www.lovinggodministry.com/ for books and music I have written that will enrich your life!

Ezekiel 22:30: "And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none." Let's stand in the gap together!

Saturday, May 7, 2016

It's Not Business, It's Personal

One thing that I have not liked at all is the name calling done in the name of politics.  Once someone gets their way, they then basically say, "I was just kidding!"  There's an old saying, "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me."  Really?  Have you ever been called a name?  I was called a name when I was a kid that stuck with me for many years!  I was called a "four-eyed freak" because I wore glasses.  Glasses were not so glamorous back then, and most kids did not wear them.  I had them from the time I was 4 yrs. old.  It wasn't until I was an adult that I was able to go to contacts.

I remember a movie called, "You've Got Mail" that stars Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks.  There was a scene in which Tom Hanks, or "Joe Fox" told Meg's character that him putting her out of business wasn't personal, it was just business.  She protested, saying that it might have been just business to him, but it was personal to her.  And shouldn't everything start by being personal?

I wrote a song based on the truths from the book of Proverbs in the Bible called, "It's Not Business, It's Personal."  I hope this song will minister to your soul, and show the importance of watching what we say and how we treat people, even and especially in our business relationships.

Listen to "It's Not Business, It's Personal"


No comments:

Post a Comment