WELCOME!

Welcome to my blog! I hope to be a resource to help you in your walk with God. Now more than ever we need to get back to the basic fundamentals of moral living and take a stand for what is right and truthful with God as our ultimate authority. His Word is reliable and preserved and can be trusted, so that is the basis for my advice and teaching. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or topics you would like me to cover. I look forward to sharing what God has placed on my heart. See my website at https://www.lovinggodministry.com/ for books and music I have written that will enrich your life!

Ezekiel 22:30: "And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none." Let's stand in the gap together!

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

The Slippery Slope of Transgender Philosophies

A friend sent this to me, and I thought it was worth sharing.  Will you please consider in this debate where this slippery slope leads?  I am not minimizing this issue, but rather believe there are hurting, spiritually unhealthy people who are not getting the healing they need and deserve.  By trying to "normalize" a dysphoria, they are ignoring the real problems.  This is a problem of the spirit that people are trying to solve with the physical. 

The Absurdity of the Transgender Position

We are told that one’s gender is not determined by physical reality (whether someone is actually a male or female) but is determined by one’s mental state (that one’s gender may be whatever gender a person thinks it should be whether it is based on physical reality or not).

The person may say something like this:  “I am actually a female trapped in a male body, so I should be recognized as a female [even though I have male equipment] and allowed to use the ladies’ room and female locker room, etc..”

The absurdity of this kind of thinking can be illustrated by the following examples:

“I am actually a 22 year old trapped in a 16 year old body, and therefore I should be allowed to vote.”

“I am actually a 21 year old trapped in a 19 year old body, and therefore I should be able to purchase alcohol.”

“I am actually a black person trapped in a white person’s body and therefore affirmative action should apply to me.”    [Remember the case of Rachel Dolezal who claimed to be black even though her parents knew this was not true.]

“I am actually a female tennis player trapped in a male tennis player’s body, and therefore I should be allowed to compete against women.”    [The Women’s Tennis Association needs to get prepared for this, as well as women’s golf, women’s soccer, women’s basketball, etc.]    Since the Creator has endowed men with superior strength, an average male professional in a sport could be a superstar if he were to compete against women.  

In fact this has already happened:

    The UFC women's bantamweight champion was cornered this week [9/19/14] by TMZ and asked about controversial transgender women's fighter Fallon Fox, who recently won a fight on the independent circuit by TKO. Fox was born a man, but had gender reassignment surgery eight years ago at age 30.    

    "In Fallon Fox's case, I think that she has an unfair advantage," Rousey said in the video interview. "It's outside of her control, but it's unfortunately her scenario. It's unfortunate, especially for her competition as well."

    Tamikka Brents, Fox's opponent at Capital City Cage Wars in Illinois last week, said she suffered a broken orbital bone, a concussion and needed seven staples in her head following the bout. Brents, an Invicta FC veteran, was stunned by Fox's strength and power.
    
    “I’ve fought a lot of women and have never felt the strength that I felt in a fight as I did that night," Brents said in a Whoa TV interview. "I can’t answer whether it’s because she was born a man or not because I’m not a doctor. I can only say, I’ve never felt so overpowered ever in my life and I am an abnormally strong female in my own right."

Other absurd examples could be added.  When people choose not to operate in the realm of reality, there is no end to where this could go.  For example, “Today I self-identify as Bill Gates. I’m Bill Gates trapped in the body of a pauper. I’m planning on going to the bank to withdraw millions from my savings account.”

Here’s what seems to be an inconsistency with the LGBT doctrine:

They teach that if you are born gay then you are gay and this cannot be changed. It is part of one’s physical, genetic make-up [in their view].   [And they are especially outraged if a gay person gets saved and abandons his gay lifestyle.]

But they also teach that if you are born male (or female) then this can be changed even though it is part of your physical, genetic make-up.

So they believe being born gay is irreversible, but being born male (or female) is reversible.  To them, gender genetics can be reversed but gay genetics cannot be reversed.  Seems very inconsistent.

The Christian position is the opposite: Being gay is reversible (by God’s grace) but being born male or female is not reversible. God can transform sinners, but God made people male and female and this is immutable.

No comments:

Post a Comment