WELCOME!

Welcome to my blog! I hope to be a resource to help you in your walk with God. Now more than ever we need to get back to the basic fundamentals of moral living and take a stand for what is right and truthful with God as our ultimate authority. His Word is reliable and preserved and can be trusted, so that is the basis for my advice and teaching. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or topics you would like me to cover. I look forward to sharing what God has placed on my heart. See my website at https://www.lovinggodministry.com/ for books and music I have written that will enrich your life!

Ezekiel 22:30: "And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none." Let's stand in the gap together!

Thursday, July 7, 2016

Be Faithful!

I recently read an article about letting go and letting God when it comes to marketing Christian books.  I replied with the following, and decided to put this in my blog as well, because I think this will encourage others in the ministry, not just Christian authors and artists.  It's so easy to get discouraged, and we can be here for each other to lift each other up. I had a similar conversation recently with the mom of a large Christian family singing group who travels around the country 6 months out of the year.

"The joy of my writing has been compromised by my fear of not selling, and the stark reality that I'm not selling nearly as much as I thought I would.  I'm trying to do all I can to market, spending some money but utilizing free education and methods as much as I can, but seeing little reward for my labor and expense.  However, I know I'm doing what the Lord wants, and those few that I sell and even give away I believe are making a difference.  Even the conversations I am able to get into with people by being at fairs and festivals are such a blessing.  Having a Christian presence in our communities is also a blessing.  But I needed this reminder that God gives the increase; we just have to plant seeds, water, etc., and just be faithful.  Even Jesus Himself, the best preacher who ever lived and was God in the flesh, had a lot of resistance!  A lot of people were saved, but not everyone.  People were hostile toward Him, to say the least.  It's no wonder we too will have resistance. No where in the Bible does it talk about numbers, but just being a fisher of men. In Timothy we're told to be faithful.  David was rebuked for trying to count the people.  We want to see sales because that means people are reading our books, but it will come in time.  We have to keep plugging away and leave the rest to God.  We'll never know in this lifetime all the lives we are touching, and we leave a legacy with our books even after we die.  What a blessing!"

Have you thought about stepping out of your comfort zone, taking a chance, taking steps to fulfilling a dream that you believe the Lord has placed on your heart?  Take a step in that direction and watch as God uses you for His honor and glory, and be careful not to allow yourself to fall into the pit of despair or discouragement when things don't match up exactly how you dreamed.  You stay faithful, and you be the one God can count on, even when times get tough.  Keep going, keep going, keep going, don't quit, but be smart, educate yourself, be wise like a serpent but harmless as a dove.  Remember it's not about you or I, but about God, and He's doing His thing.  We are tools in the hand of the Master.  God bless you as you step out on faith - it's well worth it and rewarding just in the fact that you are in obedience.  It makes everything in your life look sweeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment