WELCOME!

Welcome to my blog! I hope to be a resource to help you in your walk with God. Now more than ever we need to get back to the basic fundamentals of moral living and take a stand for what is right and truthful with God as our ultimate authority. His Word is reliable and preserved and can be trusted, so that is the basis for my advice and teaching. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or topics you would like me to cover. I look forward to sharing what God has placed on my heart. See my website at https://www.lovinggodministry.com/ for books and music I have written that will enrich your life!

Ezekiel 22:30: "And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none." Let's stand in the gap together!

Saturday, July 9, 2016

My Response to the Dallas shootings

I am trying to pillow my head tonight, and having a very difficult time doing so in light of the grief I feel over the Dallas shootings, where a well trained man full of hate killed five police officers and injured many others.  But it's not just this tragedy we have seen recently, but many more.  I see on TV many protests and hatred, accusations, vengeance, outcries, sorrow for loved ones, defiance for others, murder being used as a way to communicate a grievance, and it's like the world has gone mad.  Some of this is in the name of religion or politics, some of it in the name of justice and peace, some of it in the name of racism.  Where or when does it end?  I see this thing snowballing out of control.  These families need our prayers, as does this country as a whole, and I for one have been praying for them. Will you also?

People are losing faith in the justice system of the United States, and some are losing faith in the decency of mankind.  We are becoming more and more disunified as a nation and as a world.  All these groups, including ISIS, believe they are doing what's right.  By whose standards?  There are various standards being used, various worldviews and moral value systems, and these are clashing with those systems and world views of others.  What a mess we are in.  The result is not justice, it is not peace, it is not security, but rather crime, fear, and insecurity.  Blame is thrown around to many different people, but I haven't yet heard someone say, "It's my fault."

Let's remember one thing that does unify us, regardless of our skin color, our faith, our religion, our gender, our economic status, our age, our health or lack thereof, our race, our occupation - we are all human beings.  This is what I believe to be true: God's Word.  In His Word we are told that we are all wonderfully made (Psalm 139).  We are also told we are all sinners ("For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23).  We are also told that there is forgiveness of sin to all ("If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" 1 John 1:9).  There's something that unifies us - we are all humans with sin who deserve death ("For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" Romans 6:23), but have all been given the free gift of salvation for our sin ("For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.13
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:12, 13). The ground is level at the foot of the cross.  Salvation, however, is not ours until we accept it by humbling our selves, getting rid of our pride, and calling upon God in repentance for forgiveness and healing.

Vengeance belongs to the Lord.  This is His earth, His universe, and we are His creation.  We need to be in the business of working on ourselves to make sure we are in right relationship with God, and then in right relationship with our fellow man.  We need to respect others and find the good in them.  If we look for the bad, we will always find it.  But if we seek the good, we will also find it.  It's what you choose to look for that makes the difference.  Oh, how quickly hatred and anger can sweep our nation, like a fire that goes from one heart to the next to the next.  It's a slippery slope, and can grab a hold of all of us if we are not careful.  Give it to the Lord.  Romans 12:19: "Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord."  No, our justice system is not perfect, but it is their jobs, not ours, to punish wrongdoers.  When the justice system fails, we still  have power to vote responsibly, to write letters, peacefully protest, make our voices heard, but never with hatred or sweeping accusations that breeds hate and violence.  And lest we forget, we have the power of prayer to our Almighty God who cares for us (1 Peter 5:7: "Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you").

My challenge to you and me is to look at our neighbors, our brothers and sisters of humanity, regardless of all the details in their lives that make them who they are, and realize that we are all in the same boat.  We are all lousy sinners in the hands of an angry God, and yet a God who loves us and provided freedom from that sin that binds us in chains and ruins us.  As all the world is going crazy, look up.  John 12:32: "And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me."  That's powerful!  That says, ALL.  Let's lift up Christ so all can see Him so they can gaze on Him as the Savior of this world.  It will not be a president or a group leader, a man or a woman, but Jesus Christ.  He is STILL the answer for all of mankind.  Look upon Him.

This song I wrote is called, "Something We All Have in Common."  I sang this at our state capitol last Fall, and was a pleasure for me to have that opportunity to voice this on loud speakers to be heard on the city streets of Hartford.  Let's unify together at the foot of the cross and look unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith (Hebrews 12:2: "Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.").  He alone is worthy of our praise because He alone died for us and then conquered death and the grave and sin for all eternity.  That's my King!  Praise be to God!

Listen to "Something We All Have in Common"

No comments:

Post a Comment